Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Mom has Alzhiemers.  She is with me this week.  My mother is  a beautiful and loving person and this disease is so mean.  It is as if someone took a hole punch and punched holes in her memory.  It is painful to see my once intelligent, smart mom not even remember how to sit down in a chair, or hold a fork.  She doesn't remember who I am or who my Dad was.  But every once in a while she does...and yesterday she started crying saying "am I crazy or something"...it broke my heart.   I love her so much.  I told her she wasn't crazy and that everyone forgets things every once in a while and quickly offered her an ice cream.  As quick as she was crying she forgot about what she was crying about and enjoyed her ice cream.

You have to watch her 24 hours so that she doesn't hurt herself. She already fell and broke her hip a  year ago.  One thing she hasn't lost is her sense of humor.  She makes me laugh. 


I haven't had much sleep at all and of course haven't been able to exercise.  But she is worth it.  I love my mom.

I know there must be people out there that can relate.

Thanks for reading. :)


My mom and her sisters (my mom on bottom right)