Sunday, April 14, 2013

Been taking a supplement called Phosphatidylserine.  I take it because supposedly it helps prevent Alzheimer's which my mother has and my grandmother had.

It has so much positive research. I found articles that it also enhances your athletic performance. 

According to the articles you are supposed to take 100 mg 3 times a day but since I am THE worst at remembering to take supplements I bought a 300 mg pill and take it once a day.

I truly feel like it has improved my memory. I seem to remember peoples names now.  I am getting an A in my computer networking class and remembering all the terms. 

But I wonder if it is messing with my Enbrel.  I seem to have more joint pain and now I have stiffness in my fingers, ankles and ball of feet.  It is not extreme pain but it is a deep ache.

I e-mailed my doctor to see if she knows of any drug interactions with Enbrel and Phosphatidylserine.

I woke up at 2 am unable to get back to sleep so I looked it up and it does cause insomnia :(...    But to me this is a small price to pay for preventing Alzheimer's.

If you are taking this supplement please comment.  Would love to hear if it works for you.

......below random pic of Revolt With Reason a my boys soft rock band...see their EP on Amazon, I Tunes and more :)
My twins Tyler and Kevin