Thursday, February 7, 2013

Just figuring out this whole blog thing.  Wondering how I can post pics.

THIS WEEKS GOAL: By next week my goal is to look up medical studies on rheumatoid and running as an exercise. I will post my findings.

PHILOSOPHY:  1)  The more you DO the more you can DO.  :)

                            2)  Do not look at what you can't do , but what you CAN do.  :)  (this means to me..... if I can't lift my arms one day then I walk, if I cannot walk one day then I do arm exercises)


Today I can run :)

For those who are curious....


My Medications:  Self inject Enbrel once a week,  Vicodin on occasion for break through pain. 


Past Medication I've tried:

NSAIDS:  Due to the fact that I thought I would be a "bad person" if I used narcotics.... the first 3 years after being diagnosed, I used different NSAIDS for pain including... Motrin, Naprosyn, and Toradol .......  Well, because of the NSAID use////  my kidney function has gone down ... so now I am unable to take NSAIDS for pain :(  I learned those so-called  "harmless" and "better than narcotics" over the counter and prescription medications CAN damage your kidneys. (A risk I knew about but never thought it would happen to me).

PLAQUENIL: THE first medication I was given after RA diagnosis, seemed to work at first then it stopped working.

PREDNISONE:  It was a love/hate relationship with Prednisone as I know the side effects of its use, but nothing can take away the inflammation and pain like Prednisone. It is like a deal with the devil.
It took away my pain, gave me energy I never knew I had, but gave me personality changes, I became very moody, angry at times,  and high strung with much anxiety.  Not too mention the weight gain side effect.

Methrotrexate Injections:  Seemed to work at first like most medications. Then for some reason I ended in the hospital for 5 days after a 45 minute swim with Rhabdomylosis.  My liver enzymes were high, my CK was through the roof at 47,538 (supposed to be less than 170 ) and my kidney function tests were abnormal as well.    The doctor blamed it on the Plaquenil and the fact that I was on Methotrexate injections so he took me off Plaquenil and started me on oral Methotrexate.


Methotrexate (Oral tablets):  I soon became very short of breath every time I tried to run and the Rheumatologist blamed it on the Methotrexate so it was stopped.  My breathing improved tremendously!


Lovefloxurine (Spelling?) :  Can't remember but I refused to take it because I read that it stays in your body for "years"


That's it for today


Waiting for my husband to get off the treadmill so I can run :)

Have a great day  :)