Monday, February 11, 2013

Good morning peeps. : )  : )

Today's subject: FEET! 


SHOES!:  I just rec'd an e-mail from Sports Chalet on a "Free Gait Analysis".  "In 15 minutes a running expert takes you through a gait analysis process to uncover your running style" that will help enable them to recommend the best shoe for your gait." 

This is something I always wanted to have done!  So I will be calling them today to make an appointment.  I may video tape my visit if they allow me to and I will post it here so you all can see what is all about.

MY FEET HISTORY (haha)   I've had FOUR surgeries on my feet.   One to re-align my bones from a previous horse riding accident when I was around 12 years old (never healed correctly) also a bunion. 

The second one was because I DIDN"t listen to the surgeon and wear the "ortho shoe", so I stepped on my boys' Lego and it hurt so bad that I put my weight on my post op foot and knocked the pin out of the bone.  So it was back to surgery for repair.

The 3rd surgery was because I felt a marble sized growth inside my foot. Turned out to be a RHEUMATOID Nodule (Tumor).

4th surgery was another rheumatoid nodule and neuroma (where your nerves bundle up and become one painful lump) removed from my other foot.

I am left with minimal padding on my right foot which had the 3 surgeries.

I am very fortunate to have the Podiatrist that I have.  :)



It's chilly here in the High Desert 30's.... hope everyone is keeping warm!

Random picture below...

Below my sister Theresa (She's a doctor :))   and my Mom who is 81 years old has all her teeth, no hearing aid, and no glasses!!  Isn't she beautiful?! :) :)