Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Left and right hip pain and back pain made it difficult today but.....

Left and right hip pain and back pain made it difficult today but I did it anyways and I'm glad I did because I feel terrific now. 

The entire first mile I felt like stopping because of the hip and back pain.  I was going slower about 5 mph.  To help get through it I stepped off to the side on the treadmill and stretched and stretched my back, calves and hip flexor muscles. 

It wasn't until just before the second mile did the pain start to subside.  In the 3rd mile I felt so good I did intervals a 1 minute at 7.5 mph and 8 mph  :) :) :).

Now I feel really good.  :) :)

I think the key is to stretch, stretch, stretch, before, during and after exercise.

45 minutes today on treadmill over 3.5 miles (didn't write exact distance down) .


Below my son Tyler walking in Hollywood.

See his new Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/TylerScottMusic?sk=info